Orbees helps a top 10 business school's IT department increase throughput and expedite new application development
Our client is a top ten business school’s Information Services department. In addition to providing student technology services and maintaining library systems, the department is chartered to deliver several custom applications and develop frameworks that will assist professors and students across the areas of collaboration, online content delivery, experiential learning, simulations, MOOCs etc. The Information Services department needed a reliable, cost-effective and efficient outsourcing partner who can lead and deliver several ongoing smaller projects that span across multiple technologies.
- Need to develop cutting edge and high-visibility solutions for students and faculty
- Limited capacity and the expertise in the latest technologies
- Instead of developing large applications, the client wants to develop applications in an incremental fashion to show quick progress to the Dean and other management of the school
- Lack of budget to hire full-time resources competent in latest technologies
The client chose Orbees, given our cross-platform development capabilities, previous experience with top business schools and our flexible engagement options.
- Provided a dedicated offshore team of three developers and a part-time project manager; the team develops and tests the projects identified by the client on Orbees servers. After acceptance testing by the client's business users, Orbees helps in production deployment
- Orbees uses .Net, SharePoint 2010, and the client's Mobile Framework for developing the applications. Orbees also conducts technology R&D and provides recommendations
- Uses agile methodology, JIRA ticketing system for change requests; provides complete documentation, knowledge transfer and training
Benefits to the client:
Engagement with Orbees helped client launch several applications that are now being used by students, faculty and other staff. Some of the benefits include:
- Quick turnaround of applications that seamlessly work across web and mobile channels
- The client's team has extra time to focus on internal customers (various business and functional units) and plan new projects
- Client's department received appreciation from students, faculty and management for the quick turnaround as well as intuitive and interactive applications
- Significant cost-savings due to the offshore development team
- Ability to draw upon Orbees' wide pool of developers while working on niche technologies
Orbees' footprint within the university continues to expand along with the quantity and quality of the projects they entrust us with.